The Tendering Procedure for the Position of an Academic Worker for FAMU International – The Teacher for the Academy Preparation Program and for Directing Cinema and Digital Media
The Dean of the Film and TV School of the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague (hereinafter “FAMU”) is calling for tenders for the position of an academic worker for FAMU International – the teacher for the Academy Preparation Program and for Directing Cinema and Digital Media.
The tendering procedure is governed by the AMU Tendering Procedure Rules for Academic Staffing dated 19 January 2017, clause 1(3) and Section 77(2) of Act No. 111/1998 as amended.
- teaching the theoretical and practical aspects of editing in the English language;
- teaching the work with the Avid Media Composer editing software;
- teaching post-production work procedures;
- editing supervision for editing students;
- editing consulting;
- preparing opinions on graduation theses;
- active participation in pitching sessions, final commissions, and state examinations.
Requirements forparticipation in the tendering procedure:
- master’s degree in film editing and master’s degree in IT;
- teaching experience;
- excellent proficiency in both spoken and written English;
- broad cultural horizon and knowledge of the current global cinema;
Start of employment: March 2023
Full-time equivalent: 0.2
Payroll conditions are governed by an internal policy of AMU.
The application for the tendering procedure must contain the following:
- motivation letter;
- an outline of teaching plan to the extent of 1–2 standard pages;
- name, address of residence, and telephone and e-mail contacts;
- structured CV;
- copies of certificates of the highest achieved education.
Submit your applications for the tendering procedure electronically to the e-mail address kristyna.sperkova(at)famu.cz, subject: Výběrové řízení pedagog FAMU International (Tendering Procedure – FAMU International Teacher) by 1 February 2023 at the latest. The tendering procedure will take place no later than six weeks from application deadline.
Please note: By submitting their CV, the applicant for the position is giving their consent to the processing of the personal data they provide in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Act No. 110/2019 on processing personal data for the purposes of the tendering procedure. You can find more information on how AMU handles personal data here.
Since the teacher’s position involves instruction in English, the tendering procedure will be conducted primarily in the English language.