Mentoring programme with Hlynur Pálmason
The Mentoring programme with island film director Hlynur Pálmason will take place from April 17, to April 20, 2023. Hlynur Pálmason will lead a masterclass and individual consultations.
Please pay attention to the following two calls, to which you can respond.
Call 1: Preparing and moderating the masterclass with Hlynur Pálmason
The masterclass with Hlynur Pálmason will take place at the Studio FAMU, Klimentská 4, 110 00 Prague on 18 April 2023.
- We are looking for students interested in moderating the masterclass in English. You can apply both individually and in pairs.
- The masterclass topics will be determined by the selected moderators and finalised in cooperation with the director. It is advisable to build the masterclass as a discussion with clips from films; it is possible to arrange for more material to be provided by the director.
- Students should apply with their suggested outlines for the masterclass in English.
- Students will receive one course credit/ zápočet (2 credits) for preparing and moderating the masterclass.
- Students in accredited study programmes in Czech or English can apply for preparing and moderating the masterclass using this form. The form will be open until 27 March and is accessible only from school e-mail accounts.
Call 2: One-on-one consultation with Hlynur Pálmason
One-on-one consultations with Hlynur Pálmason will be held at the FAMU Studio on 19 and 20 April 2023.
- The call is intended for students in their second or higher year in accredited study programmes in Czech or English.
- It is possible to apply with audiovisual works either in progress or completed (scripts are not accepted).
- Please make sure that all the works submitted are subtitled in English.
- One-on-one consultations will take place in English.
- The preparation for and participation in the individual consultations be rewarded with a course credit/zápočet (1 credit).
- Students can apply for one-on-one consultations using this form. The form will be open until 27 March and is accessible only from school e-mail accounts.
- The final selection also depends on a recommendation from the Department leadership, which FAMU’s Department of International relations will request – students are not asked to provide this.
The selection results will be announced by 03 April 2023 and the list will be posted on FAMU’s website.
Should you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.