Competition for the Student Concept of FAMUFEST 2024
The Dean of FAMU announces an internal competition for the concept of the 40th-anniversary edition of FAMUFEST, which will take place in 2024.
The competition is open to all FAMU students subject to the requirement that the event must be co-organised with the second-year students of the Bachelor programme of the Producing Department (in the academic year 2023/2024).
- The concept should fulfil the main mission of the student film festival, focusing primarily on a film program consisting of student films, a professional Industry programme, and creating a space for students and other festival attendees to meet and engage in discussions.
- The realization of FAMUFEST 2024 is subject to the date in the first half of March 2024. The specific date will be consulted with the Head of Production at Studio FAMU, Tomáš Šimon, and the Head of the Producing Department, Tereza Czesany Dvořáková. The festival's duration will not exceed five days.
- The festival will take place in Prague. The selection of the specific venue will be determined by the organizing team of the winning concept.
- The concept will systematically work with principles of environmental sustainability and consciously consider the principle of non-growth. Inclusion will also be an important informal theme of the concept.
- The Accompanying Music Programme (except for presentations of work by students from participating art schools closely related to the festival's theme) will be limited to a maximum of two events, which will take place in venues dedicated to this purpose in contractual cooperation with a professional music program organizer.
- The approximate budget will be consulted in advance with the Methodologist for Science and Research, Petra Horká, and with the Head of the Producing Department at FAMU.
- The concept for 2024 will also include a general timetable of preparatory work, taking into account the actual duration required for securing rights and technical materials for possible retrospectives and VOD distribution (we recommend consulting with Alexandra Hroncová).
Submit your draft concepts for FAMUFEST 2024 compliant with the FAMUFEST Festival Statutes (see Article 2.7), along with a summary of the concept in the English language to a maximum extent of 1 standard page to Ms Kristýna Šperková no later than 21 July 2023, 12:00 noon. The documents must be submitted in electronic form (e-mail them to kristyna.sperkova(at)famu.cz).
All project applicants will be heard by the FAMUFEST Committee on August 7, 2023, at 11:00 AM. The committee will include Dean of FAMU Andrea Slováková, Science and Research Methodologist Petra Horká, a member of AS FAMU, the Head of the Producing Department, Tereza Czesany Dvořáková, and the FAMUFEST pedagogue Filip Kršiak.
The concepts that are compliant with the FAMUFEST Festival Statutes and the corresponding requirements for a successful organisation given by this Announcement, as well as with Czech legislation and FAMU’s internal policies in legal and economic terms and are evaluated by the FAMUFEST Committee as sufficiently prepared for successful realization, will be nominated for a competition across the school in the form of an online vote, in which each member of the FAMU academic community may participate, to be held from August 9 to August 14, 2023.
At the final stage, the concept with the highest number of votes will be nominated winner and the winning team will start working on grant applications for obtaining financial support for the upcoming edition immediately after the announcement of the results. The decision on the winning concept will be announced on 15 August 2023 on FAMU’s website in the News section.
In Prague, on June 16, 2023.
PhDr. Andrea Slováková, Ph.D., MBA, Dean of FAMU
Mgr. MgA. Tereza Czesany Dvořáková, Ph.D., Head of the Producing Department FAMU